WORLD CELEBRITY GIST AND GOSSIP

Celebrity gossip blog with the latest entertainment news.

Blog Archive

Monday 17 July 2017

Roger Federer has opened up about how his record-setting eighth Wimbledon title was even more special because his twins were there to see him

“I was just so deeply touched by my performance in the tournament from the beginning to the end,” Federer said Monday morning on Today. “I looked up in the stands and saw my kids … then it started to sink in that I was a Wimbledon Champion for real,” Federer said.
The Swiss tennis star, 35, defeated Croatian Marin Cilic in three straight sets,  6-3, 6-1, 6-4.
The 19-time Grand Slam champion and father of two sets of identical twins joked that his boys – Leo and Lenny, 3 – had no idea what was going on after their father snatched the trophy.
“I saw the boys for the first time, and [seeing] them coming out to centre court and knowing how much centre court means to me, and seeing them like not knowing what’s going on,” Federer laughed.
“And then the girls were there too and my wife was emotional. It just really hit me,” Federer said.
“I’ll have to see more of that,” Federer said of the photos of his kids at his match.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate