WORLD CELEBRITY GIST AND GOSSIP

Celebrity gossip blog with the latest entertainment news.

Blog Archive

Monday 17 July 2017

DMX Says He's No Role Model

The self-aware rapper, who was arraigned in Manhattan Friday for allegedly failing to pay more than $1.7 million in taxes, admitted at the Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival on Saturday that you shouldn’t look up to him.
“If there’s one thing true, I’m not the person you want to be. I’m the person you should listen to,” DMX, born Earl Simmons, told the crowd.
“I’ll be the [first] person to tell you, I’m not a motherf—king role model. I’m not a role model, but you can count on me for the truth. I put my life on that. Whenever I went through something, it brought me closer to God,” the 46-year-old said. “I’m staying in something, so I’m closer to God. But being closer is hard, because the attacks get stronger, because they’re much harder to fight and they last longer.”

Aside from the charges of concealing his income, those attacks may include health problems, substance abuse and prison stints.

The Yonkers native waxed poetic about the silver linings to his troubles.

“That’s what it’s always been: Joy with the pain, dark with the light, sun with the rain, but with the right perspective, there can be something to gain,” he said. “Look for the good and the bad … Look for the blessing … There is a blessing in every curse. You just have to get past the self-pity and look for it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate